- Customer Support On TheLotter
- TheLotter Review of Security, Trust, and Scams
- Is it a Scam?
- Is it Safe?
- Is it a Real or Fake Company?
- Is it Legal?
- Does Lottery Critic Trust theLotter?
- TheLotter Review Overview
- TheLotter Review on Payouts, Withdrawals, and Winners
- Payout Rules
- How to Withdraw Money from theLotter
- Payment and Withdrawal Methods
- Deposit Methods
- Withdrawal Methods
- Has Anyone Won?
- Biggest Payouts
- TheLotter Winners – Australia
- TheLotter Winners – The UK
Customer Support On TheLotter
TheLotter gives you 24/7 support and tons of resources.
This website clearly makes it a mission to help you succeed. If you ever need help, you can reach their support team via a ton of channels.
Their customer support service is available 24/7 and takes inquiries in 14 different languages.
- Live chat
- Email: We sent test inquiries and got a response within 2 hours!
- Telegram: Just search for TheLotter.com
- Viber: +356 793 63536
- WhatsApp: +356 793 63536
- Phone: +44 20 3150 0476
- Fax: +44 20 7691 7234
There are also dedicated, toll-free phone lines available for select countries:
- The UK: 0800-1700-409
- Australia: 1-800-259-355
- Canada: 1-888-786-3072
- France: 0805-109-968
- Germany: 0800-724-1082
- Russia: 880-0100-3681
- Ukraine: 0800-500-596
- South Africa: 0800-981-870
TheLotter Review of Security, Trust, and Scams
Is it a Scam?
Not at all! With almost 2 decades in the business and over 4 million people who have won the jackpot on record, theLotter is the prime example of a reliable online lottery website.
Thanks to its lottery agent business model, any ticket you buy is an official entry to your chosen lottery game. Any winnings come directly from the lottery operator. All their available lotteries are legitimate games too.
As proof of ownership, you get scanned copies of your purchases. Once scanned, they are stored in a secure safe until you need them.
What’s stopping them from taking your prizes for themselves? Well, they’re licensed under the Malta Gaming Authority. That means all of theLotter’s operations are monitored and regulated by Malta’s government.
Is it Safe?
Absolutely. Every action you make on their website passes through 128-bit GeoTrust SSL encryption. Additionally, you can easily get details about how they handle your tickets and transactions, so they get plus points for transparency, too.
Their platform is also PCI compliant, meaning all financial transactions and payment credentials are airtight and adhere to stringent regulations that banks are required to adhere to.
Is it a Real or Fake Company?
It is a real company and has been in business since 2002. The website is run by Lotto Direct Limited, which is based in Malta and also operates out of 20+ local offices all over the world.
Is it Legal?
Yes! All of theLotter’s operations run under a license from the Malta Gaming Authority. Depending on your country’s laws, though, using their services might not be allowed. It’s best to check if your country has laws against lotteries online.
Does Lottery Critic Trust theLotter?
Definitely. It was one of the first online lottery services around, and their longevity says a lot about how reliable they are.
TheLotter Review Overview
What We Like About It:
- Massive range of games, from 52 lotteries to millionaire raffles and more
- Fantastic mobile app
- A wide array of accepted payment methods
- Secure, well-designed, and beginner-friendly website
What We Don’t Like About It:
Their fees. But they have to make money somehow!
TheLotter is the best place to play the lottery online. And there are $90 million reasons why!
TheLotter stands far ahead of the competition in terms of game variety, player support, and overall ease of use. This website acts as a ticket agent, buying official lottery tickets on your behalf. Through its convenient system, you can enter any of 52 lotteries from all over the world — including huge games like the Powerball and Mega Millions. We highly recommend you check out TheLotter’s discounts and limited-time offers!
It supports multiple languages and currencies, as well as 20+ banking methods. If you’re always on the go, you can even keep up with your games through theLotter’s iOS and Android apps.
We also recommend you see how TheLotter ranks against all the other online lottery sites out there such as the second-place platform, Lotto Agent.
TheLotter Review on Payouts, Withdrawals, and Winners
TheLotter doesn’t charge commissions on your winnings. However, it does deduct any local taxes that may be required by the law in the country where a lottery is based.
Prizes are divided into two main types:
- Big or Locally Taxed Prizes: These include lottery jackpots, any prizes worth more than $2,500, and prizes subject to local tax
- Secondary Winnings: Any other prizes
Secondary winnings are collected and deposited directly in your TheLotter account.
For big or locally taxed prizes, you’ll typically have to claim these yourself. This is especially true for jackpots, in which lottery operators often require players to claim their winnings in person.
For non-jackpot prizes that are above $2,500 or taxable, if the local law permits it, TheLotter tries to collect these on your behalf and credit the amount to your account.
How to Withdraw Money from theLotter
You get 7 options for withdrawing your winnings from your TheLotter account. Most of these are through bank transfer or trusted banking networks like VISA and MasterCard.
Just go to your account’s “My Account” tab and click “Withdraw.”
Payment and Withdrawal Methods
The Lotter gets two thumbs up for accepting a wide array of payment methods.
You have 25 deposit methods and 7 withdrawal methods available. That’s more than you get from many other lottery websites. Better still, theLotter’s banking methods work with a wide range of currencies, too.
Here’s a quick rundown of theLotter’s available banking methods:
|Visa||US$ / € / £ / AUD / руб / CAD / CHF / SEK / ZAR / ₹||–||5,000|
|MasterCard||US$ / € / £ / AUD / руб / CAD / CHF / SEK / ZAR||–||5,000|
|Diners Club||US$ / € / £ / AUD / руб / CAD / CHF / SEK / ZAR||–||5,000|
|Skrill||US$ / € / £ / CAD / CHF / SEK / ZAR||–||–|
|Neteller||US$ / € / £ / руб / CAD / CHF / SEK / ZAR||–||5,000|
|PaySafe Card||US$ / € / £ / CAD / CHF / ZAR||–||–|
|Trustly||US$ / € / £ / CAD / CHF / SEK / ZAR||–||–|
|Sofort||US$ / € / £||–||–|
|Eps||US$ / € / £ / CAD / CHF / SEK / ZAR||–||–|
|Bleue||US$ / € / £||–||–|
|CartaSi||US$ / € / £||–||–|
|Postepay||US$ / € / £||–||–|
|RAPID||US$ / € / £ / CAD / CHF / ZAR||–||–|
|PSE||US$ / € / £ / CAD / CHF / ZAR||10||–|
|Efecty||US$ / € / £ / CAD / CHF / ZAR||10||–|
|Safety Pay||US$ / €||–||–|
|Zimpler||US$ / €||5,000/span>||–|
|Visa||US$ / € / £ / AUD / руб||US$1||US$1,000||1-3|
|MasterCard||US$ / € / £ / AUD / руб||US$1||US$1,000||1-3|
|Discover||US$ / € / £ / руб||US$1||US$2,000||1-3|
|Bank Transfers||US$ / € / £ / AUD||Varies||US$50,000||Varies|
Has Anyone Won?
Absolutely! Over 4 million people have won prizes since the company started in 2002. There’s even a (long) list of winners on their website!
Aura D., a player from Panama, holds the record for the website’s biggest win so far. Aura got $30 million as the sole winner of the Florida Lotto on July 19, 2017. She flew in on theLotter’s dime to claim her prize and has been living out a happy retirement since then.
Aura’s quiet post-win life is pretty typical for lottery jackpot winners. Check out our article on the lottery’s biggest winners to learn how other lucky players chose to spend their prize money.
In 2016, another lucky player from Iraq bet on the Oregon Megabucks lottery through theLotter and won the $6.8 million jackpot!
There are also about 5 winners who have won $1 million prizes each. Four of them hit the US Powerball’s second prize by matching 5 of the winning numbers. Another hit the $1 million US Mega Millions prize in 2017.
TheLotter Winners – Australia
- G. won $1 million by hitting the second prize for the US Powerball’s draw in October 2016. He had been playing through theLotter since 2003. G. racked up over 452 wins of minor prizes from various lotteries before hitting the million-dollar prize.
- 8 lucky Aussies struck gold with $106,300 in prizes after joining theLotter’s Powerball syndicate. Every line in their syndicate’s set won a prize, and the total was split among the 55 players who bought shares.
- L.M. won €25,000 from La Primitiva in 2015 by purchasing entries at theLotter.
- Howard L. won 885,377 rubles in the Russian Gosloto 6/45 lottery after just 6 months of playing through theLotter.
TheLotter Winners – The UK
- B.U. won $1 million after hitting the US Powerball’s second prize in April 2012. The major win came just five tickets after B.U. first started playing at theLotter. In another stroke of luck, B.U. won shortly after the new prize rules bumped up the second prize from $200K to a cool $1M.
- F.M. won €47,748 in Italy’s SuperStar draw after matching 5 of the winning numbers.
Additionally, there are plenty of winners (with pictures) between $50,000 and $1M providing further proof to the doubters regarding the authenticity of this platform.